Order: author(s), year of publication, article title (not in italics), journal name (in italics), volume number (in italics), issue number, page number range of the article (if available), URL or journal home page.
1. Provide an APA-style title page including your name, the paper title (referring to the article title), and the institutional affiliation (Liberty University). Keep in mind that current APA recommends the title length not to exceed 12 words. Use the running head in the appropriate place and a page number on every page. Divide your summary into sections with the following Level 1 headings: Summary, Reflection, and Application (review the APA Manual for guidance if needed).
2. Develop a 1-page summary of the article in your own words. Do not copy and paste from the journal article?this is plagiarism! Provide a brief description of the topic under consideration in the article. If the article describes a research study, include brief statements about the hypotheses, methods, results, discussion, and implications. If any test measures or statistical methods used are given in the article, do not provide detailed descriptions of these. Short direct quotations from the article are acceptable, but they may not be more than 1?2 sentences each and must be properly cited. This section is the foundation of your Journal Article Review (at least a third of your paper). Make sure you include the core points from the article, even if it means a longer section. Do not reference any additional articles in your summary.
3. In your own words, reflect (in 1 page) on the article. Appropriate comments for this part of the paper could include, but are not limited to, your initial response to the article, comments (in your own words) regarding the study’s design or methodology (if any), insights you gained from reading the article, your reasons for being interested in this particular article, any other readings that you may plan to do based upon having read the article, and other thoughts you have that might further enhance the discussion of your article. This section should constitute approximately a third of your Journal Article Review. Again, do not reference any other article.
4. In your final section, write in 1 page how you would apply the information you have learned to a potential counseling setting. This could be in a church or clinical session. Develop this section as if you are a pastor or clinician and your parishioner or client has come to you with a problem, needing your help. You may want to pick one of the following ?normal? problems for this section: depression, grief, substance abuse, spousal infidelity, unforgiveness, etc.
5. Provide the complete reference citation for the article being summarized on a reference page in compliance with current APA standards. Be aware of how and when you use periods, spacing, italics, use or non-use of issue number, etc. Do not copy and paste the reference from an electronic source. I will upload the article on my account, just in case the article is
Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 24, No. 5, 2005, pp. 621-637
THE STEPCHILD OF FORGIVENESS RESEARCH
JULIE H. HALL AND FRANK D. FINCHAM
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Essay Journal Article Continuing Bonds - 896 Palabras | …
Order: author(s), year of publication, article title (not in italics), journal name (in italics), volume number (in italics), issue number, and the page number range of the article.
Journal Article Research Question (Essay Sample)
Periodicals include magazines, newspapers, and scholarly journals. Works cited entries for periodical sources include three main elements—the author of the article, the title of the article, and information about the magazine, newspaper, or journal. MLA uses the generic term “container” to refer to any print or digital venue (a website or print journal, for example) in which an essay or article may be included.
Critique of journal article. Essay Writer.
Popular new publication are contrary from the academic journal even it also is one type of serials but it cover on current news or stories which written by the journalist or not an expert in that particular field with the purpose of give information about certain subject or issues....
Book Essay: How To Quote A Journal Article In An Essay Native Writers
what are the results/conclusions.
3. Finally, you will evaluate the article. Feel free to criticize, but back up your criticisms too. Use the following questions to guide your evaluation:
a. Are the topics addressed in the article important social issues? Why or why not?
b. Do the research questions appropriately address the problem/issue? If not, what would make a better question?
c. Are the methods appropriate for these types of questions?
d. What, if anything, would you do differently if you conducted the study?
? Paper length: 3 to 4 pages, not including cover page or works cited page
? MLA or APA formatting for citations. This includes in-text citations and a works cited page. You will likely have only two citations (the journal article and the textbook), but you are free to use
Essay on Journal article review No. 1 - 776 Words | …
The article is found using the ANU Library’s website by searching on scholarly and peer review journal listing about decentralization, and limiting it to policy/political science field.